The recycling scheme set up at the village hall has expanded to include more items. You can now recycle crisp packets, biscuit/cracker wrappers and pet food pouches that have been rinsed and dried. These can go in the two labelled black bins in the bin store area (opposite end of the corridor from the main hall), not in the red bin near the entrance which is for non-food related recycling items. You can drop your items off Monday, Wednesday and Friday between 9:30am – 12:30pm.
Please be aware that batteries should not be placed in either bin but can be recycled at various shops – please also refrain from putting your general rubbish in there.
What items are accepted?
Labelled bin in the bin store:
- Pet food plastic pouches (clean and dry).
- Flexible plastics from sweet biscuit, cake and cracker wrappers and crisp packets (clean and dry).
Red bin in the hall foyer:
- Ballpoint pens, felt tips, biros, correction fluid, markers and highlighters.
- Plastic milk bottle tops – 2, 02, 4 or 04 displayed on the lid.
- Plastic air fresheners, cartridges and plastics air freshener packaging.
- Inkjet cartridges – only HP, Dell, Lexmark, Canon, Samsung and Neopost.
- Toothpaste tubes and caps, toothbrushes, heads from electric/battery toothbrushes and all associated packaging.
- Personal care & beauty products – plastic bottle caps, trigger heads, pumps, tubes, roll-on deodorants & flexible plastic wipe packaging.
- Home cleaning products – plastic bottle caps, trigger heads, pumps & flexible plastic cleaning wipe packaging.
- Laptops, notebooks, netbooks, tablets, iPads – working or broken.
- Mobile phones – working or broken.
- Unwanted neck ties.