Report It

We often see people asking who they can report a problem to, so we’ve created a list of our most frequent queries.

I’ve noticed a problem with..Who is responsible?
Overgrown HedgesThe Landowner
Overgrowth on pavementsThe Landowner: problems can be flagged via the Love West Sussex website


Other issues, e.g. trees/vegetation affecting roads

Emergencies immediately affecting road safety

West Sussex County Council.

Click here to report it

Click here to report it

phone 01243 642105

Rights of Way problems including overgrowth and footway surface issuesWest Sussex County Council or landowner.

Click here to report it directly.

High Bar Lane PlaygroundThakeham Parish Council. Click here to email the Clerk.
Abingworth Meadows Toddler PlaygroundAbingworth Meadows managing agents.
Furze Common Road PlaygroundHorsham District Council. Click here to report it directly.
Speed LimitsWest Sussex Highways. Click here to report it directly.
Traffic calming installationsWest Sussex Highways. Click here to report it directly.
Anti-Social DrivingOperation Crackdown. Click here to report it.
Thakeham Village HallThakeham Village Hall Trust. Click here for more details.
Abingworth football fieldsThakeham Parish Council. Click here to email the Clerk.
Fly TippingHorsham District Council. Report it Click here to report it directly.
Dog related issuesHorsham District Council.
For over-full dog waste bins, report it Click here to report directly.
For other dog-related issues Click here for more information.
Criminal or anti-social activityClick here for the Sussex Police website.
CALL 999 in an emergency and 101 for non-emergencies, or email (nb. images/videos can be attached)
Something else not listed hereYou can email the Clerk or email the Assistant Clerk who can help.

You may find it helpful to make the Clerk aware of any problems you may have reported as the Parish Council will seek to support you if you feel the problem has not been rectified in a satisfactory manner. Concerns about road safety that would require changes to speed limits do normally need to be raised via the parish council – and it helps to have as much evidence of the problem as possible.

You can find further information and how to report other issues below;

Problems with Roads and Pavements

You can report problems with roads, including potholes directly to West Sussex County Council.
In an emergency, such as those listed below, phone 01243 642105

  • dangerous potholes
  • fallen trees that are blocking a road or pavement
  • any other obstruction or spillage blocking a road or pavement
  • drain/inspection covers that are missing.

Planning Breaches

The failure to obtain planning permission or comply with the details of a permission is commonly known as a ‘planning breach’.

A planning breach usually occurs when:

  • A development that requires planning permission is undertaken without the permission being granted – either because the planning application was refused or was never applied for
  • A development that has been given permission subject to conditions breaks one or more of those conditions.

You can report any planning breaches directly to Horsham District Council directly HERE.

Crime or suspicious activity

Sussex Police have updated the way you can contact them, you can find more information, including online contact forms here.
Our local Policing Team is based in Horsham. You can find all of their contact information HERE.

In an emergency you should always dial 999.
For non emergencies you can phone 101.

You can now report something to them online HERE or, you can tell them if you’ve seen anything suspicious or if it’s something you think they should know about directly HERE.