Code of Conduct
All councillors are subject to the Parish’s Code of Conduct and each councillor completes a Declaration of Interest form (current forms are viewable here). If you have any concerns please contact the Clerk via email.
Council Policy Documents
- Thakeham Parish Council Standing Orders
- Thakeham Parish Council Financial Regulations
- Thakeham Parish Complaints Procedure
- Thakeham Parish Freedom of Information Publication Scheme
- Certificates of Employer’s and Public Liability Insurance
- Protocol for Correspondence & Consultation Requests
- Protocol for Gifts & Hospitality received by Councillors
- Thakeham Parish Code of Conduct for Parish Employees
- Protocol for attendee input to Planning Committee meetings
- Risk Register
- Child Protection and Vulnerable Persons Policy
- Communications Policy
- Procedure for co-opting new members
- Equalities Policy
Parish Budget/Precept agreed for 2019/20
Members agreed that, while maintaining tight control of routine items, the PC budget needed more scope to address reasonable community needs and expectations. The uplift for 2019/20 therefore includes extra provision for:
- Employment of new Assistant Clerk role;
- Following major expenditure on High Bar Lane playground in 2018, steps to restore general reserves to normal levels, and begin rebuilding the Playground Refurbishment budget;
- Increased funding for Community Events.
- Precautionary provision for legal and financial professional advice
- New ring-fenced seed-corn funding for local (non-PC) community groups
These extra costs increase the total PC budget such that, after taking account of changes in numbers of council tax-payers in the parish, the annual Band D precept will rise by £6.81 to £58.02 (an increase of 13.3%). Although this may seem a substantial uplift, PC members agreed that the resulting budget is at the level that the PC reasonably needs going forward, to meet community expectations. The resulting precept level will continue to place Thakeham around the median point of precepts for HDC/WSCC, while still substantially below both district and national average precept levels.
ANNUAL ACCOUNTS -To view a copy of the latest summary annual accounts please click here
Having considered the guidance of the Local Government Transparency Code (2014) in the context of this parish, Council has decided to publish the following information on an annual basis:
– Expenditure: individual items of expenditure exceeding £500; cumulative payments to single payees exceeding £500; and grants to voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations;
– Information on any contract tendering with a value of over £5,000;
– Details of land and buildings assets held by the Council.
Follow the links below to find this information for recent years:
ANNUAL RETURN – NOTICE OF PUBLICATION
2018-19 Annual Return
Notice is hereby given that the audit of accounts of the Council for the year ended 31st March 2019 has been concluded. The results are being published via parish noticeboards, and this website, from 30 September to 30 October 2019. Follow this link to see a copy of the notice of conclusion of audit and details of entitlement to inspect the original annual return, and supporting documents (governance and accounting statements, external auditor’s certificate and opinion).
Copies of this and previous Annual Return documentation can be obtained from the Clerk.