Code of Conduct
All councillors are subject to the Parish’s Code of Conduct and each councillor completes a Declaration of Interest form (current forms are viewable here). If you have any concerns please contact the Clerk via email.
Council Policy Documents
- Thakeham Parish Council Standing Orders
- Thakeham Parish Council Financial Regulations
- Thakeham Parish Council Investment Strategy
- Thakeham Parish Complaints Procedure
- Thakeham Parish Freedom of Information Publication Scheme
- Certificates of Employer’s and Public Liability Insurance
- Protocol for Correspondence & Consultation Requests
- Protocol for Gifts & Hospitality received by Councillors
- Protocol for attendee input to Planning Committee meetings
- Risk Register
- Child Protection and Vulnerable Persons Policy
- Communications Policy
- Procedure for co-opting new members
- Equalities Policy
- Donations Policy
- Employment Policies (Health & Safety; Code of Conduct for Parish Employees; Lone Working)
Parish Budget/Precept agreed for 2020/21
In January 2020 members agreed that the Parish Council’s budget is now set at the right general level to address reasonable community needs and expectations, adjusted for the advent of the new community facilities at Abingworth, and staffing needs. Therefore the 2020/21 budget seeks only to make relatively minor adjustments, whilst maintaining a static net precept level for residents. The following cost pressures require a modest increase to the TPC core budget:
- Employment costs: agreed hours changes for the Clerk and Assistant Clerk;
- Rent costs: now factor-in confirmed business rates payable for the PC office;
- Professional fees: it is recommended that provision is maintained for ongoing need for legal support around the Abingworth-related matters, and for the possible need for specialist planning advice in case the pressurised local planning situation were to translate into further negative proposals for Thakeham;
- General Reserves – modest further uplift, targeting a general reserve level of at least £17,000 in March 2021, just above the lower recommended threshold of 25% of annual budget in external guidance.
These extra costs increase the total PC budget by 2.4%, but after taking account of changes in numbers of council tax-payers in the parish, the annual Band D precept will be unchanged for 2020/21, at £58.02 for a Band D household. This precept level will continue to place Thakeham around the median point of precepts for HDC/WSCC, while still substantially below both district and national average precept levels.
ANNUAL ACCOUNTS -To view a copy of the latest summary annual accounts please click here
Having considered the guidance of the Local Government Transparency Code (2014) in the context of this parish, Council has decided to publish the following information on an annual basis:
– Expenditure: individual items of expenditure exceeding £500; cumulative payments to single payees exceeding £500; and grants to voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations;
– Information on any contract tendering with a value of over £5,000;
– Details of land and buildings assets held by the Council.
Follow the links below to find this information for recent years:
ANNUAL RETURN – NOTICE OF PUBLICATION
The dates for the Exercise of Public Rights to inspect the unaudited accounting statements of the Parish Council for 2019/20 have been published and links to the document and unaudited accounting statements can be found in the table below. The Annual Internal Audit Report can be found here
Conclusion of Audit
|Annual Governance & Accountability Return|
|2019/2020||3 June – 14 July 2020||Sections 1 + 2 unaudited|
Copies of this and previous Annual Return documentation can be obtained from the Clerk.