Code of Conduct
All councillors are subject to the parish’s Code of Conduct and each councillor completes a Declaration of Interest form, copies of which are published below:
|Cllr Scott Kerr|
Council Policy Documents
- Thakeham Parish Council Standing Orders
- Thakeham Parish Council Financial Regulations
- Thakeham Parish Complaints Procedure
- Thakeham Parish Freedom of Information Publication Scheme
- Thakeham Parish Certificate of Employer’s Liability Insurance
- Thakeham Parish Protocol for Correspondence & Consultation Requests
- Thakeham Parish Protocol for Gifts & Hospitality received by Councillors
- Thakeham Parish Code of Conduct for Parish Employees
- Protocol for attendee input to Planning Committee meetings
Parish Budget/Precept agreed for 2018/19
The January 2018 Parish Council meeting agreed that our 2018/19 budget will be ‘flat’, i.e. total operating costs will be the same as in 2017/18. We are also able to hold the precept cost to residents unchanged from 2017/18.
In more detail: although our operational budget is unchanged, at £50,970, the fact that we cannot draw down further funds from reserves (which we have used over the last couple of years to minimise precept rises) means that our total precept request to HDC will increase by £3,313 (7.3%). However, at the same time our ‘tax base’ figure (i.e. HDC’s proxy for council tax-paying households in the parish) has risen by a matching amount (883->949; 7.5%); the result being that we are able to maintain the Band D precept rate at an unchanged level (£51.21).
The PC will continue to seek to minimise further precept increases, although this will significantly depend on what emerges in terms of permanent new costs involved in running the Abingworth community facilities. The aim will be to make these facilities financially self-sustaining as quickly as possible.
ANNUAL ACCOUNTS -To view a copy of the latest annual accounts please click here
Having considered the guidance of the Local Government Transparency Code (2014) in the context of this parish, Council has decided to publish the following information on an annual basis:
– Expenditure: individual items of expenditure exceeding £500; cumulative payments to single payees exceeding £500; and grants to voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations;
– Information on any contract tendering with a value of over £5,000;
– Details of land and buildings assets held by the Council.
- For the year 2016/2017 click here
- For the year 2015/2016 click here
- For the year 2014/2015 click here
- For the year 2013/2014 click here
- For the year 2012/2013 click here
ANNUAL RETURN – NOTICE OF PUBLICATION
2016-17 Annual Return
Notice is hereby given that the audit of accounts of the Council for the year ended 31st March 2017 has been concluded. The results are being published via parish noticeboard, and this website, from 7 August to 7 September 2017. To see a copy of the governance and accounting statements, the external auditor’s certificate and opinion, the notice of conclusion of audit and details of entitlement to inspect the original annual return – click here.
Copies of this and previous Annual Return documentation can be obtained from the Clerk.